Saturday, September 22, 2012

A New Post

It has been a busy summer here.  And I have really neglected my blog.

I have been busy watching swimming lessons:
Cooking on the grill:


Camping with friends:



Working through an office remodel:

photo.JPG

Celebrating my Mom's birthday, I won't say how old she is - she would kill me!  But she is a busy, active lady who does so much for everyone in her life - just yesterday I stopped in to see her and came home with a loaf of banana bread!




Playing at the playground:


And starting 4th grade!


We also have been enjoying some fall softball.  My husband is the assistant coach/pitching coach at the university I work at and they have a very promising team this year:


I haven't done much sewing and no cross stitching but I did manage to work on the Temecula quilt blocks that were posted during July and August.  Here are the first 6 and I will soon have a finish to show:

I also made some stockings to go to a group my friend Donna is affiliated with.  They fill them with things that soldiers can use and sent overseas:



And then I joined a gym in July and have been going faithfully 4 times a week.  I had knee surgery last fall and I did very well in therapy but since that stopped, I was not very good about exercising.  My goal is not so much to lose weight but to get stronger.  Losing weight may be a by-product, but the older I get, the more I realize that I need to be stronger in order to counteract the effects of aging.  So I feel real good about going - but it really does cut into my evenings!  And I have a great personal trainer!

I hope to have more sewing projects (finishes) to show soon.  I really did let my hobbies go on the back burner this summer but I am ok with that.  There will be lots of long dark evenings soon to get back in the sewing room!  My quilt group is planning a retreat in November and that is giving me the motivation to finish some projects so I can get started on something new.  

So!!  There you go, Nancy Z and Nancy P!  Finally a post from me!  My dear friends reminded me the other night that I have been neglecting my blogging.  So I have made sort of a promise to myself to get back on the blogging wagon.