Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Ring The Bell!!

My sewing group has a tradition of 'ringing the bell' when we have completed a project at a sew day or retreat.  It started years ago and when someone shouts it out or actually does ring a bell, we all know to stop and ooohh and aaah over that person's finish!  We are our own biggest fans!

Since I work well under pressure, I have finished Hannah's gift to her 3rd grade teacher tonight.  Her last day is tomorrow and I wanted to get this done so she can give it to her.  The temperatures here have been over 80 for several days and my sewing room is upstairs and has no air conditioning!  Last night, I went up and sewed for 15 - 20 minutes, came down in the air conditioning for a while, ran back up and did some more... you get the idea.   But tonight it is done.  I hope Mrs. L likes it - she has been an awesome teacher for Hannah and our whole family loves her!  (By the way... here is a real taste of small town living - I have known Hannah's teacher all her life as her parents are my husband's and my best friends!  So you can see that she is more than just a teacher, she is family.)

2 comments:

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! I'm sure she'll love it.

Nancy said...

the colors are definite summer I'm sure she will love it