Wednesday, June 6, 2012

An Hour a Day

Like a lot of people, I often say "I wish there were more hours in the day".  What I really mean is that I wish I had better control of the hours that I do have.  The other day, Nicole posted about the same dilemma regarding sewing time.  Like her, I have a lot of things on my plate but her idea of finding just one hour a day to sew really hit home with me.  I am going to try it and see how much I can accomplish.   I have several projects either started or I want to start and sometimes I feel like I am walking in circles.  I am going to make a list and get busy, one hour a day!

The first thing I want to finish up is the stash buster quilt.  My quilt group has issued a challenge to make a quilt top using your stash - you are not allowed to purchase anything for the top.  I will probably have to buy a backing but I am going to use something out of my stash for the binding.  Here are the components for it that I have finished so far:

I think I have enough for two quilts actually!  (Isn't it amazing what can be pulled out of our drawers and off our shelves - I think I probably could get 10 or more just out of my stash!)

So thank you, Nicole for inspiring me to at least get in one hour a day of sewing.  What with the busy days of summer activities and working full time, it will be a challenge but I am up to it.  Will you take the challenge with me?


4 comments:

Sue said...

Hi there!
I think that one hour a day is a great idea! I find that in the short summer months, there is really very little time to sew because we are trying so hard to catch up with things we can't do in the winter months. This is a great suggestion. Maybe now I'll feel like I can get something done that is sewing related. Some days I feel like I'll never sew again with all the other things that take over my fun time :)

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I'm not sure I can commit to sewing one hour a day, but I'm really going to try to at least sew, stitch, or knit!

Siobhán said...

I love the hour a day concept. I should try it--it might pull me out of my blahness. Love the stash buster blocks!

Linda Jacobs said...

Great idea to use up what you already have. I'm not a seamstress but I do keep a visual journal and refuse to buy anything for it. Instead, I use all found elements. And, I'm determined to start journaling every day because, otherwise, my life will get away from me. I like your idea!