Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day

First off, Happy Father's Day to everyone out there!  I'm not able to spend it with my Dad but not a day goes by without thinking of him.  One day again I will see him again - that I am sure of!

The kids are taking Ron golfing this afternoon.  I am no golfer so I am left behind.  We will meet up afterwards for a burger and a beverage at a local place that has the best food.  It is all about casual with my family!  That is just fine with me as I will be going to a lecture by Bonnie Hunter.  I am so excited - our quilt guild has brought her in for a visit.  She will have some amazing things to show I am sure.  I was not able to take a class from her due to working (that darn thing gets in the way of most of my fun!) but I am looking forward to her lecture.  Pictures will follow...

This is where I have been spending much of my time lately.


Just reading and watching the world go by.  We have had some great weather lately and it is so hard to be in the house.  I have got some sewing done (that hour a day thing is working well) and I am coming right along on my stash quilt.

I also have done a row for my group's row by row challenge. This one is for Nancy Z. Here is a sneak peak:

I recently got a new camera and I took some pictures one day when I was eating lunch outside at work (like I said, it has been beautiful weather here).  




These are the views from my spot in the courtyard outside my office.  The sky was gorgeous that day and the sun and shadows were so pretty.





3 comments:

Sue said...

I don't get to spend Fathers day any longer with my father either but look forward to being reunited with him again in that Beautiful land some day.

I too, have spending this gorgeous weather outside on the deck just watching all of creation. It's been nice therapy.

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I love your porch and how you decorate!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.