Thursday, June 28, 2012

Blackbird Designs Stockings

I have been a bit under the weather this week.  It started a week ago and by the weekend I was feeling pretty bad.  On Monday I went to the doctor's and he said I had pneumonia!!  Who the heck gets pneumonia in June??  I got a good antibiotic and after hours and hours of sleep and rest  (when I could sleep, that is - the coughing kept me up a few nights) I am finally feeling better.  I missed almost a whole week of work.  I would much rather use my time off in a better way.

Yesterday I finally decided I felt good enough to so something besides watch TV Land and reruns of Law and Order so I finished up these:

They are the April Blackbird Stockings.  I am working my way through the year.  Here is January:

Good grief, did I really start this project in 2009??? This is embarrassing.  Here is February:


After seeing Siobhan's stockings, I decided to redo the alphabet one.  It is the only one I have done so far in overdyed threads (the rest are DMC) and wouldn't you know that is the one I dropped in the snow and the threads ran. I liked her purple version so much better so I used a strand of two different purples.  My new one is on the left - I still have to sew it with the backing fabric, that's why you see so much linen around the stitched area.

And then here is March:



Back in April, I was pretty smug, thinking I was on track!  Where did May go?  This afternoon I pulled the floss for May and want to get busy on that month,  Do you think I can catch up?  LOL  We'll have to see!

Here they are all on a little feather tree that I have had for a zillion years:

I do believe I will have to find a different way to display them.  And just for fun, here are two more that I did a couple of years ago:



I'd like to do a few more of these!

Summer is now in full swing around here.  Hannah has started swimming lessons, it is nice and hot, I have a class reunion this weekend (hello, Class of 1972!!), and the 4th of July is right around the corner.  I have a trip planned to go see one of my favorite cousins, and we have a camping weekend or two planned.  I hope I can keep myself  healthy for the rest of the summer, I don't have time to be sick.



3 comments:

Sue said...

I am so glad you're feeling better. That's a rough one for sure.

Those are gorgeous stockings. You do such nice work on them!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

These are all just darn cute! So funny - the only one to get into the snow is the one with the overdye. Isn't that just the way.

Nancy said...

those stocking are darling. I'm glad your better of course I'm parietal to the Halloween