Monday, May 7, 2012

Spring Retreat 2012

We had such a great time at our retreat.  There was lots of inspiration and laughs!  I think everyone got a lot done but it was such a relaxing time away from all our Monday - Friday obligations.  I took Friday off work as did most of the girls to get a jump start on the party.  Some of the girls even got there Thursday night for some extra sewing time.
Mary got a couple of Schnibbles done.
Sarah made a great T-shirt quilt even using fabric from the recipient's clothing when she was little!
Nancy P worked on one of her wonderful wool projects.
Darcy showed a quilt she made from our favorite pattern, Lucky Stars.  This will be a graduation gift for her niece.  The picture doesn't show how gorgeous this really was. I loved it!
Patti made 4 (yes! FOUR!) I Spy quilts.  This is one of them. Now, I want you to know Patti has only been quilting for a very short time.  She does an awesome job.
Terri showed several things she had finished - one I especially loved was this scrap quilt.  I LOVE scrap quilts.  
Here is another one that Terri made - entirely from her stash.  She is awesome.
Along with the T-shirt quilt, Sarah got the bindings on several quilts - She was a binding manic!  This is a beautiful quilt she made for a local nursing home.  Our group is making wheelchair quilts for the residents.  This one was so simple but at the same time very beautiful.

Tomorrow I will show some more pictures and share some stories.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

great job a nice recorf of the weekend