Thursday, May 24, 2012

Changes...


A year ago about this time my boss retired.  I truly enjoyed working for him and I am sure the feeling was mutual.  People often said I was the only one who could put up with him but I really understood where he was coming from and we worked well together.  A close coworker and friend became my new boss.  I was a bit worried about that - how do you eat lunch and share confidences with the person you report to?  I am here to tell you it has worked out perfectly.  I respect her and she respects me.  We have worked together very well.  And then a few weeks ago she told me she had accepted a new position within our organization.  I want only the best for her and this is a great opportunity for her.  So... tomorrow is her last day with us.  We had a surprise farewell party for her on Wednesday, lots of tears and laughs.  I made her this farewell gift with some Blueberry Crumb Cake charm squares:


This tote is the easiest ever.  Just a few evenings of sewing and you're done.  I think it will be perfect for her to use going to work.  I will miss her a lot.

1 comment:

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Audrey, your choice of fabrics and patterns is always beautiful. I'm sure she loves this bag.

And I hope the new boss will be another winner for you.