Thursday, April 12, 2012

Row by Row Update


Some of the girls in my quilt group are doing a row by row swap and last night I worked on my row for Mary.  She has given me fabrics from Blackbird Designs Ella's Linen Closet.  These are beautiful, old fashioned looking fabrics and will make a great quilt.  Here is a sneak peek of her block: 


We are supposed to keep it a secret as it travels from person to person and you won't see yours for a year or so (we are getting two months to complete a row and then pass it to the next person).  It will be fun to work with different fabrics and colors and try to come up with just the right block for each person.  

4 comments:

Helen said...

Wow! your piecing with that check is wonderful! It's nice to see a little sneak peek, it will be so exciting for each quilter to finally see their row by row quilt.

Siobhán said...

Ooooh, love the sneak peek! Great choice in fabrics. I can't wait to see all of the quilt when Mary gets it back. :)

Sue said...

I can tell already it's going to be wonderful. I love Blackbird Designs fabrics.

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Darn! I thought I was going to see the entire row. I'm sure it's going to be terrific - thanks!