Thursday, March 15, 2012

Row By Row Quilt

Some of us in my quilt group are making a row by row quilt.  Each person makes a row in a specific width and passes it to the next member, eventually making it's way back to the original owner. We each have to decide on a theme and colors for our quilt, including the fabrics we would like used.  We will pass our first row to the next person tonight and then every other month until next spring when we will get them all back to put together into a quilt.  I am using a bundle by Moda called 'Blessings'.  I have had it for a while, saving it for something special.  I think it is a fitting name considering I have an abundance of blessings!  This is my row that I will be passing along.  The lighting isn't so good here but you get the idea. 

Our group has done many exchanges, 2 1/2" strips of red, tan and navy, 2 1/2" strips of Christmas fabric  and bull's eye blocks come to mind immediately.  It is always fun to see what you get back and to put it all together into something special.  

And on another note - how about this weather!  It is expected to get up towards the high 60's this week!  We have only had a couple of significant snowfalls and they didn't last too long.  We only had our driveway plowed twice this winter.  I feel bad for the snow-plowers and the winter sports enthusiasts.  I had knee surgery in October and was really worried about walking on snow and ice this winter but it has not even been an issue.  Now I know it is only mid March and we could get snow even in April but I could get used to this kind of weather every year!  I have started going for walks outdoors and it sure feels good to get outside and move!


7 comments:

Siobhán said...

What a fun idea for a quilt! It sounds like you have a fantastic quilt group, too.

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I love this block. I hope my row for your will will do it justice!

Karen Sue said...

I saw this at mary's blog...such a nice idea. How many in your group??

Melanie said...

Great fabrics--- sounds like fun....

Audrey said...

Karen, there are 12 of us but only 7 are doing the Row by Row quilt. The othes are going to be SO JEALOUS!! LOL

Helen said...

Your row is lovely Audrey! I just checked out Mary's too and it's also lovely! This looks like a fun project. I'm sure the end result will be a fabulous quilt,

Cheers!

Helen

Unknown said...

Our quilt group also did a row by row quilt. It was such a great idea and truly amazing how the row came together to form the quilts. Loved doing this....enjoy!!!