Thursday, March 29, 2012

Missing in Action



Not much news here.  I haven't been sewing or stitching.  I have been busy reading The Hunger Games trilogy.  It sure is a page turner.  I didn't think I like it but I like books that keep me guessing and have twists and turns in the plot.  I don't want to figure it out, I want to have it slam me in the face!!

Friday night Melissa, and our daughters are talking about going to see The Hunger Games movie.  Most of us have read it and I am interested in seeing how close it is to the book.  I have gotten mixed reviews from my co-workers.

Tonight I am having dinner with some friends from high school. This is the wonderful part of small town living, you still know and keep in touch with friends from a 'few' years back!  We will be talking a mile a minute catching up on each other's news.

This weekend I have some 'free' time and I hope to get a Schnibbles quilted and bound, and make some things for the up coming quilt retreat my group is having.  And... if I have time, I want to get started on another Schnibbles!  I have to keep on track with my resolution.  And since this Sunday is the 1st Sunday in April, it is stitch day for Mary, Melissa and me.  Oh yeah, and maybe finish the books.  Gee, maybe I don't have as much 'free' time as I think I do!!

3 comments:

Sue said...

I've been M.I.A. lately too. Sometimes you just have to go missing in order to get anything done.

Sounds like you're staying quite busy and I hope you enjoy your time stitching with the gals.

My daughter has read all of the Hunger Games books. She loved them so much she read them all twice and in a matter of a few days. She did see the movie but I won't spoil anything for you.
Hope you enjoy it!

Melanie said...

Sounds like a great weekend to me....People at work ask what am I doing this weekend??? I'm at home---my favorite place.....They don't get it.....how sad.....

I'm reading the Hunger Games with my kids.... Fun...

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Ok, so if you, Sue's daughter, and Melanie and her kids are reading Hunger Games, I guess I need to get on board. But then you know I like everything you do!