Mary, who is also my quilting and stitching buddy (and my cousin) and I made a list of 'rules' (for lack of a better word) for this year, partly to use up some of our past purchases and partly to finish up some things we have started.
One of the reasons I decided to start this blog is that I hoped it would make me accountable and chronicle my progress.
This is my list:
1. No fabric purchasing, other than for Schnibbles (charm packs, border and binding fabrics.) If I need backing fabric it will be a white or cream so that the yardage left over can be used in piecing.
2. Only items allowed to be purchased are needles, thread, batting and backing fabric.
3. No books, patterns or quilt magazine purchasing. Borrowing patterns is ok.
4. A conscious effort will be made to purge fabrics and other craft items no longer useful for my needs.
5. No more cross stitch projects started. I will finish the Blackbird Stocking project, finish the Christmas sampler, and work on Anniversaries of the Heart. The only purchases made for cross stitching will be linen for the Stockings and floss for A of the H.
6. The only exception is for destination quilt shops. Purchasing will be allowed there.
I need to let you know we got our inspiration from Renee at Sewn With Grace
Well, we already succumbed to temptation when we saw this on Nicole's table. We promptly ordered the
Let's see how well we do the rest of the year. Our intentions are good. Honestly.