Thursday, February 2, 2012

Strengths and Weaknesses

Mary, who is also my quilting and stitching buddy (and my cousin) and I made a list of 'rules' (for lack of a better word) for this year, partly to use up some of our past purchases and partly to finish up some things we have started.

One of the reasons I decided to start this blog is that I hoped it would make me accountable and chronicle my progress.

This is my list:
1. No fabric purchasing, other than for Schnibbles (charm packs, border and binding fabrics.)  If I need backing fabric it will be a white or cream so that the yardage left over can be used in piecing.
2. Only items allowed to be purchased are needles, thread, batting and backing fabric.
3. No books, patterns or quilt magazine purchasing.  Borrowing patterns is ok.
4. A conscious effort will be made to purge fabrics and other craft items no longer useful for my needs.
5. No more cross stitch projects started.  I will finish the Blackbird Stocking project, finish the Christmas sampler, and work on Anniversaries of the Heart.  The only purchases made for cross stitching will be linen for the Stockings and floss for A of the H.
6. The only exception is for destination quilt shops.  Purchasing will be allowed there.

I need to let you know we got our inspiration from Renee at Sewn With Grace

Well, we already succumbed to temptation when we saw this on Nicole's table. We promptly ordered the
pattern.
014

Let's see how well we do the rest of the year.  Our intentions are good.  Honestly.

8 comments:

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

You make me laugh! I always want to do what you are doing; using up and purging are things I should do but seem to fail miserably at. Maybe your blog and our public expectations will keep me motivated.

Darcy said...

Thanks for starting another blog for me to become addicted to Audrey!!!! I look forward to hearing about your progress - I also have made similar resolutions and so far I've been sticking to them. Looking forward to seeing you at TTs soon.

Siobhán said...

Good luck with sticking to your goals! I am trying to work with what I have, too, but it is SO hard when I am constantly reading blogs and Pinterest. I saw that table mat, too, and oh my gosh. Between the fabric and the pattern--hold me back mama. I must be strong.

Welcome to the blog world!

anneke said...

hahaha, it's difficult isn't it???

Melanie said...

A girl after my own heart--- quilts and dishes.... While this is the first time we've actually 'chatted' I feel like I've known you forever through Mary.... Welcome to the world Of Quilt Journals....you'll love being able to look back and see your progress, what was happening in your life at the time, and what was going on in the world .... Promise to keep in touch---
Melanie

Nancy said...

You are my hero, the blog is beautiful. I to am trying to stay with the use it up mind set, I was able to cut four schinbles from the stash.and the rule that nothing go back in the box. between the two of you we all will be motivatedto keep up with the big girls.

Lorri said...

Thanks for sharing I will visit again! Have a great week.
Lorri

Sue said...

You're off to a great start! LOL