Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sewing Weekend





This weekend Mary and I had our second annual winter sewing weekend.  As you can see we were quite productive!  We ate, we sewed, we shopped and we solved all the problems in our little corners of the world!  LOL



Our quilt group has been making wheelchair quilts for a local nursing home and one of the girls made kits for us to sew up.  I got my top done this weekend:


It was made from a cute print with birdhouses on it and a deep red fabric.  I added a border of good old Debbie Mumm fabric with blackbirds.  It was a fun and easy top to make.












I also got a binding sewn on the front of this quilt and it is all ready to stitch down on the back during  an evening of NCIS reruns or American Idol:














Then I was off to Tiny Town with Mary.  Head on over to her blog for her version done in  Blueberry Crumb Cake by Blackbird Designs.  It is gorgeous.   I used some Kansas Troubles leftovers.  We loved these table toppers!  Check out Carrie's post on November 9, 2011 for more ideas.

Lastly I started another Schnibbles project, X-Rated.  I am using some bright 'out of my box' fabrics for this - Dilly Dally.  It is not yet done, but you can see it is going to be a happy quilt! Some of the rows are sewn, some are pinned and some are just laying there.  :)   Did I tell you I love Miss Rosie patterns?

Even Fluffy got in on the action.


Mary brought a yummy cheese spread with crackers and I made cookie dough dip. We went out for fish on Friday night and Chinese on Saturday.  I know I won't need to eat for several days.

Cookie Dough Dip Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 12
The most delicious recipe for cookie dough dip you've ever tasted.
Ingredients
  • 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 1 cup toffee bits
Instructions
  1. Cream together cream cheese and butter.
  2. Add all remaining ingredients and mix until well-combined.
  3. Serve with graham crackers or apple wedges.
A friend at work gave me the recipe and said she got it here:

I would show you a picture, but it is all gone.


3 comments:

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Terrific weekend, and I think you summed it up better than I did! Same time next year?

Wendy Bretz said...

I wanna come next time!! :)

Jennifer said...

Thanks for posting this recipe. I tried to make it and mine turned out terrible. I'll have to try your recipe instead.