Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Scrap Basket Suprises

Last year I signed up for the Fat Quarter Shop's Scrap Basket Surprises Club.  Every quarter I received two jelly rolls and fabric for the borders, binding and background.  All of the patterns were from Kim Brackett's book, Scrap-Basket Surprises. It was a lot of fun to see what came every three months.  Some of them were fabrics I may not have picked myself so I enjoyed working with them.  The first one I got was made with Kansas Troubles Summer's End fabrics:
The second one I received was Fig Tree Fresh Cottons:

The next one I received was Maison de Garance by French General:
I still have one more to make.  I plan to get that cut soon so I can sew it at our quilt group's Spring Retreat in early May.  I will post that one when it is done.  I also made one other quilt from this book for my nephew for graduation.  I used fabrics I had cut myself and it turned out great.  Unfortunately I can't find a picture of it!  The name of it was 'Pinwheel' and I used navy, dark green, black, and browns.  All of her patterns are easy to make.  She also has  a second book called Scrap-Basket Sensations and I have made 'Picnic' from that book using 30's fabics.  If you are looking for a good jelly roll book, I recommend either one of them.
Thanks to my husband for acting as a quilt rack!  

3 comments:

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Ron the quilt rack!

These are all beautiful.

Siobhán said...

Beautiful quilts!! I am currently drooling over their Vintage Modern BOM. Love your Schnibbles quilts, too!

Nancy said...

It was nice to see them together. I remember the other it was great