Friday, February 3, 2012

Schnibbles

First of all thanks to everyone who stopped in and for all the wonderful comments and followers!  I appreciate your kind words!

Yesterday I mentioned that I would allow myself to buy charm packs, etc to make Schnibbles.  You see, my quilt group has talked about having a group project where we take one book and make all the patterns in it.  I am not sure if the whole group is going to participate, but a few of us are.  My book is Schnibbles Times Two by Carrie Nelson.  I love all her patterns.  They are so easy and look so complicated.  I have already done one pattern from this book, Imagine (I think I used a Kansas Troubles line of fabric) and I am now working on Bennington using Moda Blueberry Crumb Cake.  I am using charm packs for all of them.  I have three other lines of fabric to make into Schnibbles so I am practically half way through!  I think there are 12 patterns in the book.  

I highly recommend Carries books and patterns.  And you will see that I use a lot of Moda fabric.  There are some beautiful fabrics out there by other manufacturers other than Moda, but Moda always seem to have the style and flavor of colors and patterns that I like.  

Now just stay tuned to see the finished projects!  I promise to post pictures!

8 comments:

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Looking forward to the pictures; your work always inspires me...of course, you've heard that a couple of times before.

Siobhán said...

I just pulled that book out of a basket full of quilting, stitching & Country Sampler magazines! I haven't made anything from it yet but hope to soon. I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures!

Sue said...

Can't wait to see what you're making! I love her books too and her little Schnibbles patterns are just wonderful!

Nancy said...

looking forward to seeing you quilt also, are you making the small size only?

Audrey said...

Nancy - yes, I am only making the small ones.

Donna said...

I love Carrie's book also! I have come over from Mary at Neat and Tidy and your newest follower!
Can't wait to see what you are making!
Hugs,
Donna

Helen said...

Hello! I'm like Donna... popped over from Mary's blog. Just became a follower too... very keen to see your Schnibbles quilts. I have both Schnibbles books and am yet to make anything! I might just sew along with you and we'll see what we end up with.

I hope you enjoy Blog-land as much as I do! Love it!

Happy Sewing!
Helen

Lorri said...

I love this book. I looked through it at the book store. Cant wait to see your pictures of your work.
Lorri