Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Few Good Reads

I love a good book. 

I don't mind a sweet, happy ending book some of the time but most of the time I want a thriller, on the edge of your seat, not always a happy ending, something that will make you think kind of book.  I love James Patterson, Maeve Binchy, Jodi Picoult, Jan Karon, David Baldacci and even Stephen King.  Right now I am reading The Girl Who Played With Fire.  Last year it seemed like everyone read this series but I am almost always the last to get on the bandwagon.  I loved The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.  This series isn't for the faint of heart.  They are graphic and edgy.  But they keep you thinking and wondering what will happen next.  If you aren't easily offended, I highly recommend them. 

I finished 11/22/63 by Stephen King last month and I loved this one too.  I downloaded it to my Kindle as I didn't want to haul an 850 + page book around with me.  Then I read The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks.  That was a typical Nicholas Sparks story.  I enjoyed that one also.  Around the New Year I read Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult.  That book really gives you things to think about and you will be surprised by the ending.

I'm always on the hunt for the next good read - so any and all suggestions are appreciated!  I just wish there were more hours in the day for everything I'd like to do.

2 comments:

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

For light reading, I go to Richard Paul Evans.

I passed the paperback to Jenny on Sunday and told her to hurry up because Melissa wanted to read it.

Siobhán said...

I love thrillers! I love to read, and will read just about everything except for horror or chick lit romance--but sometimes I'll read those, too. ;) I've read the first of the Larsson books but haven't read the next two. My daughter just finished the second book and said it was much better than the first. My eldest is reading 11.22.63 and taking soooooo long with it. She's in her last year of college so I am just happy she's reading. Are you on Good Reads? It's a lot of fun--you should think about joining. I just listened to the audio book of Sue Grafton's latest and LOVED it. I'm reading an Elizabeth George book now--Careless in Red.

I don't know if you want it like this so forgive me if I'm butting in with this, but your blog doesn't show up in your profile. When I click on your profile, it just shows the blogs that you follow. You might want to change that around so that when you leave a comment for somebody, they can find your blog and return the visit.