Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Decisions, decisions


I have a few evenings this week to just kind of do what I want and I am torn between cross-stitching, sewing, reading, or laying around watching reruns. What do you do when you have this time ahead of you and you just can't make up your mind?  I fear that I may waste a bunch of time just deciding so I think I need to just jump in and do SOMETHING!  

I have so many things started and I want to see some of them completed.  And then I want to get going on this:


The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt Bk

I bought the book a while ago and had set it aside.  I think my biggest dillemma is what fabrics to use.  I see such pretty ones like this from Kristyne.  And then there are the ones who use Civil War reproductions.  And then there are the really funky ones with fabric from all over the block.  I am leaning towards Civil War reproductions or maybe even navy, red and tan fabrics.  See what I mean?  I can't make a decision!

Anyway, I guess I had better head towards the sewing room with this and get busy!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

like minds , since the car race was on no show so I took the book up stairs with me. It is a commitment but what is another project

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Sometimes all the decisions make me just want to lie down and think about it. Maybe that's why I don't get much done!

I'm saying Civil War for the Farmer's Wife; it'll look like a Gramma Ruth quilt and you'll be thinking molasses cookies and blackberries in the summer. I'm just saying......

Melanie said...

I'm a list maker. From the time I get home from work--I flit from one thing to the other(I guess I'm trying to make up for being away)I go to bed exhausted and frustrated because I am tired before I even start. Last night I did something different. After the supper junk I got my lap top and played on pinterest-- caught up on email and Breathed---about 20 minutes into it I knew I wanted to work on binding a quilt. No pressure. Looking at the big picture sometimes is overwhelming, bits and pieces not so much.....