Monday, February 13, 2012

Blog design

As you can see, I have really goofed up changed my blog design.  I am hoping my daughter can come and help me out with it this week.  I appreciate the hints that Siobhan and Mary have given me.  I guess there is a learning curve, so please bear with me.   I know blogs are much more interesting also with pictures so I am planning to be adding more of those as I get the hang of this.


It is hard to believe that on February 1st this year I had my windows open at work for a while and yesterday it was a blustery winter day.  It certainly is true around here that if you don't like the weather we are having just wait a day or two and it will change.   We have actually had a mild winter and I know the skiers and snow-mobilers (of which I am neither) aren't very happy.  But you won't hear me complain!


I finished up a Schnibbles this weekend except for the binding so look for pictures of that this week after it is bound.  I also helped my sister-in-law, Melissa with a wallhanging she wanted to make.  She had the concept and I showed her the way to execute it!  She was real pleased with the outcome; she is shopping for backing and batting this week and I will quilt it for her.  It is also our quilt group's meeting this Thursday so I hope to have some inspiration from the group to show you.  


I will leave you with a really yummy cookie recipe, it is our family's favorite!


Peanut Butter Round Up Cookies

1 cup shortening
1 cup packed brown sugar
¾ cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 cup peanut butter
2 cups sifted flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup quick cooking oats

Beat shortening and sugars together until creamy. 
Add eggs and peanut butter; beat well.
Sift together flour, soda and salt.
Add to creamed mixture, mixing well.
Stir in oats.  Form 1” balls from dough.
Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
Using fork, make criss-crosses on each cookie.
Bake at 350 degrees for 8 – 10 minutes.


4 comments:

Melanie said...

I love your header... A House that looks like home....

Sue said...

I agree with Melanie that your header is quite appealing. I love your house. It looks cozy and comfy.

Thanks for sharing the recipe with us :)

Darcy said...

That recipe sounds great!!! Any chance we'll get to sample them on Thursday? Can't wait to see your latest show and tell!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I will be making these cookies for sure! Thanks.